I was finally readmitted to the hospital last night for my second round of chemo. My admission was delayed a few days because I had a cold (sore throat, cough, sneezing, and congestion). Now that I’m mostly better, with just congestion, they finally let me in. And because I have a cold, I get a private room (sweet!). I’m on the other side of the unit, so instead of a north-northwestern view of Golden Gate Park, I have a south-southeastern view of Sutro Tower and the Sutro cloud forest.
Now that I’ve revealed my bald look, I thought I’d list some of the benefits of having almost no hair via chemo:
- No bad hair days.
- When someone takes a longer look than usual, you don’t need to worry that it’s due to bad hair or unfortunate fashion choices.
- No more worries about gray hair and whether you should bite the bullet and just dye it.
- When you do a super short buzz rather than shaving completely smooth, the tiny bit of hair on your head acts as velcro to hold hats in place.
- Fewer beauty products needed: no shampoo, conditioner, etc.
- No need to shave, wax, or epilate anything.
- No wet hair dripping everywhere after showering. Just towel off and go!